Sunday, January 11, 2015

Canada Bound

Well it's been an adventure here. 
I've been in four countries, spoken three languages, visited two Bible schools and have had one crazy time. 
It's been awesome. 

However God is now really taking this adventure into His own hands.
I am going back to Canada.
Yep, that's right.
I wouldn't have chosen it, still not sure what I think about it, but it's the truth.
And I'm okay with it.

So here's the story.
I was planning on getting a Travel Visa in Germany. This is totally legitimate and possible according to numerous government sources and experienced people. Thus I confidently went forward in my travel and Bibleschool plans, looking forward to getting this paper once I was in Germany at Klostermuehle.

I am now at Klostermuehle, in Germany, and needing the Visa. All according to the plan.

Yesterday I went to the office to apply for a Visa only to have them tell me that I had already been in Europe too long and was thus unable to receive one. I should have applied for my German visa while still in my 90 visitor days - in November, during the time I was in France.

No.

This was all news to me, I had relied on the fact that I could get a Visa in Germany, which is true, however I should have done it earlier. And so the hidden truth that had been following me around was revealed.

Misunderstood information + Not knowing + Travel laws = You have to go home...

That was quite the shock even though I knew it was a possible outcome. For me the options had been clear:
Either I would get grace and a Visa and stay, or fall under the law and go.
And I had to go.

A few tears were shed, but then it was over... I was at peace. Crazy hey?
Obviously a God thing.

I knew that He was really the one in charge of the verdict because there was nothing I could do to influence it. Just wait and hope and trust, He would do what was right. God's plan would be accomplished, that was clear, however, this plan was just a bit of a surprise...

 But I needed to be okay with it.
And so I am.

Why shouldn't I be?

I mean, I've had the time of my life.
Literally.
Things could not have gone ANY better during these 4 months.

I am sooooooooo thankful for God's grace over my time here, and the fact that He allowed me here longer than my 90 days, because theoretically I should have been out of here in November. But I got to stay and finish the semester, have the most unforgettable Christmas holidays, and even be at the German school for a week. The people here are great and I've already been so blessed, I'm only saddened that I don't get to hang out with them for any longer....

I cannot complain AT ALL, its been perfect here. Okay, not perfect, but basically.

And really, in a weird way, I am super excited about this.
Because I had everything organized and planned out how I thought it was supposed to be and now God is saying no. Which means there is something better or more important in store, and I am very very curious to see what this is. Even if its not in Europe anymore....
Sigh.

God is really taking this adventure over, and I am looking forward to seeing what will become of it.
I've now got a semester of free time to fill, it's been cleared out for something else. Prayer for that something would be appreciated, because it still needs to be found.

Yes. Canada. I'm coming back.
Unfortunately right in the middle of the bitter winter (that I was hoping to miss), but family, friends, and a warm fire place are awaiting me along with pancakes, bacon and all the good Canadian things I've been missing. Its going to be a culture shock, but hey, I'm going back home!

I almost feel like this is another sort of beginning...
This change is sudden, abrupt and completely out of my control.
Which means God gets more trust, control, and glory for in happens next.
Because I have NO idea what it is, but He does and He is going to lead me.
Here we gooooooooo!

Besides, I've heard spontaneous trips are more interesting.

Thus, my adventures are not ending - I don't think they ever will - especially when you're living with God.
Things are just changing location.

See you all soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment