Wednesday, August 20, 2014

9 Days Until Blast Off!

Sometimes things make more sense if you put them into numbers. 

So here is what my future looks like when organized into a few important digits:


29 of August is my last day in Canada this year. 
17 years of travel dreams behind me. 
7 Hour time difference ahead of me.
3 Weeks of travelling.
4 Countries to see.
12 Cities to explore.
8 Locations booked to stay in.
2 "Sisters" to visit.
90 allowed in Europe without a Travel Visa.
28 Weeks away from home (thus I will be getting one in Germany!). 
1.46 Dollars per Euro Exchange Rate.
11+ months of planning and thinking.
5 family members I will miss A LOT!

100s of dollars to be spent.

1000s of pictures to be taken.
1000 000s of memories will be made.

1 God in control of it all. 


So when numbers and lists still seem unorganized, and I've got so many things to do -people to see, clothes to pack, cards to write, stuff to buy -  I need to just pause and drop it all at the Throne of God. He's in control, worrying is a sin, and He is the ultimate source of peace. He's already got everything worked out.  


And besides, God has shown me OVER AND OVER this summer that He's taking care of me. 


Therefore, I'm so excited to see what good works He has prepared for me to do in Europe  - where I get to learn about and serve Him in French and German! 


Only 9 days until the adventure begins. 





1 comment:

  1. Exciting indeed! Thanks for the reminder that there is one God in control- travel plans and the unknown can get overwhelming at times!

    ReplyDelete